Greetings! My name is Stephen. I am one of seven deacons appointed by the Apostles of Yeshua, the Messiah, to distribute food and charitable aid to the widows and poorer members of the community in the early church. You may be wondering what a deacon is or why you should know about me. Let me explain.
The term “deacon” comes from the Greek word diákonos meaning servant or minister. The Apostles were being taken away from ministering the word of God due to complaints by the Hellenist Christians about the Hebrew Christians overlooking their widows during the daily rations. You see, the early Christians pooled all their resources together and lived amongst each other because of the violence that was being waged against them for their belief in Yeshua as the Son of God.
The Apostles felt that their focus should be on ministering the Word of God and prayer, not on having to personally oversee the distribution of the daily rations. So it was decided to appoint seven men who were of good reputation to be in charge of ministering to the needs of the people. I was one of the seven that was chosen.

From the time I came to believe that Yeshua was the Messiah, the Son of God, I became filled with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit worked within me to perform many signs and wonders, just as Yeshua had said we would. However, this upset some of the men in the Synagogue of the Freedman and since they could not dispute the wisdom of the Holy Spirit, they got some men to speak false accusations against me, saying that I blasphemed against the words of Moses and God.
I was brought before the council of the Sanhedrin to give my defense. I spoke of the history of Israel and their walk with God, but when I reminded them of how their ancestors killed the prophets that spoke of the “Just One” coming, and how they are the ones that killed Yeshua, the “Just One” the prophets were speaking about, they became extremely angry. As I looked up to Heaven, I saw the Glory of God and Yeshua standing at the right hand of God. When I told the council this, they became even angrier and cast me out of the city where they stoned me to death.

Before they did so, they took off their garments and laid them at the foot of a young man name Saul who would later have his own encounter with Yeshua.
Though my death was a horrible event, I want you to know that I asked God to forgive those men. After all, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Yeshua was the Messiah, the savior. I saw him there beside God in Heaven. Those men however, did not believe; which means they would not receive the salvation freely given to them by God through the death and resurrection of His son. I hope you have been inspired by my story and will seek your own encounter (or even better a relationship) with Yeshua or Jesus as you may call him. It will be the best decision you will ever make!